Aims & Management
Ewen’s Room is a charity administered by an elected Board of Directors. Our constitution states the following purposes –
The organisation’s aims are:
- To offer support to people resident in Ardnamurchan, Morvern and Moidart (West Lochaber) including family, friends and carers of sufferers, who are experiencing difficulty as a result of mental health issues.
- To raise awareness of mental health issues and counter the associated stigmas within the local community, particularly the young.
- To identify local gaps in support provision in liaison with established NHS and voluntary mental health groups and service users.
And our charitable purposes are:
- The advancement of health.
- The advancement of citizenship or community development (including rural or urban regeneration).
- The relief of those in need.
Supporting Ewen’s Room
As a charity, our activities are funded entirely by charitable gifts and grants. We welcome involvement of any residents of Ardnamurchan, Moidart and Morvern, For more information about this, please contact us.
I thought it would be helpful today to talk about an aspect of mental health support, more specifically, peer support.
The Building Natural Capital Project
The Building Natural Capital Project is a collaboration between Ewen’s Room and the Buzz Project.
Light Up The Dark
A community-wide event to Light Up The Dark this winter from winter solstice to spring equinox